Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Catching Up

Hey everyone-

First off, my apologies for the long drought of posts. It's been a hectic couple weeks, between moving out of Chicago and preparing for my move to Japan this coming Sunday. As such, I may not update this blog again for quite awhile, as my internet access will probably be sporadic for the next few weeks. So I'll try and give you all some goods now, while I still can.

First on my list are the 3 Butts tracks our band (the Butts, for anyone who missed that jump there) has put together thus far. Anyone who checked out our last show last Friday probably already has a copy for themselves by now, but for anyone who sadly didn't get one (I can think of 2 off the top of my head - sorry Nathan and Spike!) you can get the tracks right here. WAV format, so you'll have to let 'em load for awhile, but I promise, it'll be worth it.

The Butts - I Still Hate You
The Butts - Party Song
The Butts - Doom Generation

And for anyone still crying over our untimely demise (though I don't think I saw a single tear, not even from Miranda, who promised crying!), take solace in the fact that we have some more recordings on the way! I'll let the cat outta the bag right now give away the track list:

Do You Wanna Listen to the Beach Boys?
Steel Drivin' Man
I Talk to Myself (Cuz I Wanna)
2 Good 4 U
Butts Theme

as well as recordings of TWO new songs, our cover of Eric & the Happy Thoughts' "Never Gonna Do It" (so if you're one of the few who, sadly, missed our live rendition, you'll be able to hear it!) and a brand new song, "Penetrate My Heart." Get excited, and by the time we get 'em all mastered and ready for you, maybe I'll be back in America and we can get back together and tour to support them! Eh? Eh?

Yeah, that sounds pretty unlikely. Slightly more probable is the likelihood of the new Kurt Vile LP being pretty awesome, as two of the songs off the album, "Hunchback" and "Overnite Religion," are pretty awesome. "Hunchback" is the better of the two, a great low-end slow-burner that's cousin to Thee Oh Sees' "Enemy Destruct" and certain Shellac and Wooden Shjips songs I've heard a million times but don't know the names of off-hand. Repetitive and woozy and great. And I hear if you preorder the LP, you can get a free 7" with it! Thinking of doing it myself, though I don't like his other stuff quite so much as I like this one - and for those who've written him off, check this out, way more rockin' than most of his stuff (and for those who like him enough already, the other track is more in that vein, and still good).

Kurt Vile - Hunchback
Kurt Vile - Overnite Religion

That's about it for now - gotta run, but I'll try and get something else up before I take off this weekend. Until then, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment